For connections to Carriacou
Telephone numbers: (without country
flying to Grenada:
click here for
While we are offering some rough guidance on how to get to Grenada
and Carriacou, we are not travel agents and, therefore, cannot stay up
to date with the frequent schedule changes being made these days
by the airlines. When you rent Tamarind Cottage, rest assured that we will do our best to
help you find convenient arrangements.
From the US (As of our last website update)
From the East Coast/New York City:
- Jet Blue offers morning flights to Grenada almost every day of the
week. As well, the airline flies to Barbados where you can then catch a
flight to Grenada. And from there, the Osprey Ferry or the 20-minute
SVGAir flight to Carriacou.
- Air Jamaica no longer flies to Grenada. When its service was taken
over by Caribbean Airlines, the former's
direct JFK to Grenada flights were continued (on Wednesdays and Saturdays).
Carribean also flies from JFK to Trinidad with time to catch a LIAT
flight to Grenada and then an afternoon ferry or flight to Carriacou.
- Another option is Delta's flight (once a week on
Saturday) from JFK that gets you to the beach by early morning, and on
the return lets you spend most of the day in the sun. This flight
is now seasonal from Dec. 15 through March 31, and July 6 to Aug. 31.
From just about anywhere in the US:
- American Airlines has connections to Grenada via its hubs in
Miami or San Juan, PR. As of our last web update, American had four non-stop flights from MIA to
Grenada (on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays). The connections
from Puerto Rico are operated by American Eagle.
- For most countries, the best connections to Grenada are via London
where you can catch a British Airways or Virgin Atlantic flight to Grenada.
- If you can fly via Frankfurt -- Good News. The
Grenadian government reached an agreement with Condor to resume once a week direct flights to
- Air Canada and Caribbean Airlines have periodically
operated limited seasonal services from Toronto direct to Grenada. As
well, we're told that Air Canada has year round daily
flights from Toronto to Barbados with LIAT connections to Grenada.
Grenada to Carriacou:
- Take the high-speed ferry -- The Osprey leaves St. George’s Carenage at 9:00AM
for Carriacou (except on Sundays when it leaves at 8:00AM).
The taxi ride from Maurice Bishop airport to the ferry is only about fifteen minutes.
- Or, if you get to Grenada in time, you can catch the last SVG Air flight to
Carriacou which leaves around 4PM. .
- For the adventurous - there now is a local ferry, the
Dolly C. She leaves at 5:30PM on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.